Visual Annotate > Finding and fixing bugs made easy!
Annotating Tool for Developers Using Rational ClearCase
As a developer, team leader, integrator, release engineer or QA engineer, have you ever asked youself:
- "Who inserted that line of source code?"
- "Where did this line of code come from? What was the source branch or stream?"
- "When was this line of code inserted? How can I find the lines which have been inserted recently?"
What do you do when you encounter a bug? Can you find the problem quickly?
Now you can find these answers and it's easier than ever!
Watch an Overview
Save your Time on Debugging
Visual Annotate provides a source code viewer that colors each code line separately, depending on the criteria that you choose:
by usernames, by dates or by versions. It also provides you with a special mode in which you can see removed lines. This feature helps you compare
the same code line on different versions - even more than two versions simultaneously!
Colored annotate by versions including removed lines (click to enlarge)
See annotation and embedded diff in one screen (click to enlarge)
Visual Annotate Settings: Many ways to customize the tool (click to enlarge)
Search in code and in annotated data (click to enlarge)
- Easily locate the source of defects
- Track changes from the code line prespective
- Improve collaboration among developers and R&D stakeholders
- Much faster than Version Tree or History Browser
- Compare more than two versions at once
- Drill down into the history of any code line in a file
- Get all information about changes in the source-code context
- Produce higher quality products in less time
- Seamlessly integrated with ClearCase environments
- A better alternative to cleartool annotate
- Safely change your legacy code
- Audit trail for ClearCase
- Applies ClearCase and SCM best practices
- Find and transform unstructured data into insights
- ClearCase native client for Windows and an accessbile dynamic or snapshot ClearCase view
- ClearCase: All versions, Base and UCM, starting from 2003.06
- Windows: 2000, XP, Server 2003, Server 2008, 7, 8.x
- A solution for Linux, UNIX, CCRC, CTE, Eclipse, Visual Studio and cloud-based users. Let us know if you want to join our Beta program: Email us
Visual Annotate is featured in the IBM Global Solutions Directory: ID 46469
View as PDF